Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Loading Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dallas8

dallas8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:46 AM

Im having trouble after computer crashed, attempted a reinstall-repair from Windows XP Pro CD that I didn't complete.
Now every time I boot up my computer it automatically tries to restart the setup process again! :thumbsup:
It stops me from entering SAFE mode in XP, as when my computer boots up, I hold F8 to bring up the list of options & then select SAFE mode, it begins to load up, but then the computer starts the setup process for XP again!!! driving me nuts!
someone, anyone....help?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:06 AM

When you re-installed Windows XP Pro. Did you mean that you didn't complete the instalation?

Have you tried letting it finnish the installation? Give it a try to see if it will fix your problem.

If not i can only suggest insterting your Windows XP Pro Disc in your CD/DVD Rom drive and restarting your computer or turn it on. let the XP disc bring up the setup process as usual. and when you re-install your windows it should have the option of installaing a fresh copy of windows and do a format of your main drive usually C:\. and re-install a fresh copy of your Windows XP Pro and let it complete it's instaltion.

I do ask for anyone else who have any suggestions for dallas8.

If this doesn't work. You could try contacting you manufacture.

Edited by Izzy, 09 February 2005 - 05:07 AM.

#3 dallas8

dallas8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:20 AM

Sorry, should have been more specific.
When I said I didn't complete the installation, it's because I have lost my Product Key for Windows XP like a total noob and couldn't complete the install/repair.
I already have Windows XP Pro installed on my computer, just been having some difficulties with it.
When I attempted to reboot my computer again, after being unable to comlete the above process, to enter SAFE mode, thats when it reverted back to the setup process.
Is there anyway to stop this happening so I can access SAFE mode?
Many Thanks!!

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:57 PM

About your product key. Is it the original Disk? Did it come with your computer?
if it came with your computer the product key would be stuck on your computer box. but if you purchased the disk and lost it (the part with the key on it then your in a little pickle. Not a major problem.
are you able to even get into WIndows at all? i used to have thi sprogram that can actually dig out your product key i did it with my XP (i tried it to see if it worked which it does. i'll have a look for it. Because it'll save you getting another copy of windows. But you need to actually get into windows.

Otherwise all i can suggest is getting another copy of windows.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

I have found that Windows XP Product Key Finder. I hope it will work.

Do a Google Search. With ViewKeyXP it should be the first one in the results list. Click on the KeyFinder.EXEKeyFinder.EXE to sownload the ZIP file. it's about 250KB. so won't take long. before using it and its the same with anything you download. please scan it with a virus scanner. i download it and scanned it and its ok. works too. brought up my product key.

I hope you can get into your windows to be able use it if not. might be a new windows cd for you.

Have you tried contacting Microsoft? Even though they might be able to help you. Or tell you to get another CD. always worth a try.

Tip: when you are going to do a repair - it suprises me that you needed a product key anyway. but re-installing you do. When you are going to re-install windows please make sure you have your product key before doing it. then you can use the above method ViewKeyXP to find your key. but i hope it helps. that's about all i can do for you.

Edited by Izzy, 10 February 2005 - 04:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users