Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Office - Outlrpc.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ccbryab

ccbryab

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Hello all. I am running MS Office 2007 on Windows XP Pro. A client requested some work on old Access 97 databases, so I stupidly installed Office 97 on top of my existing Office 2007, naming the install directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 97". Now Outlook is giving me the following error when I try to open an email, calendar item, note, etc.:

The file OUTLRPC.dll is incompatible with Microsoft Office Outlook. Install Outlook again.

I have searched my C: drive for OUTLRPC.DLL and it's only in two places:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 97

The date on the file in the \Microsoft Office\Office12 directory is 10/27/2006; the file in \Microsoft Office 97 is dated 6/1/1998. I have downloaded a current version of OUTLRPC.dll, but my question is, what do I do with it?? Office 2007 was installed at the corporate office 200 miles away and I would love to solve this problem without reinstalling. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help...

Chandler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

What happens if you uninstall Office 97, or are you still using it?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users