Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pocket Pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MystyDeb

MystyDeb

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

I dont think there is a cure but I have to ask (yes, Ive googled till Im blue in the face! LOL)

I put a password on my pocket pc....and stupidly forgot it. I cant get into it at all and dont know how to fix it. I would be willing to just flat format it if I knew how and where the software was but the thing is really old. I just use it mostly as a mp3 player/book reader kind of thing. I hate to throw it away!
Its an HP Ipac...2005?.

Ideas? Any?

deb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

:thumbsup:
Hiya,

Although I can understand your problems and do understand them, unfortunatley the rules of this site do not permit any form of help in this particular topic.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user

However I wish you well.

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

:thumbsup:
Hiya,

Although I can understand your problems and do understand them, unfortunatley the rules of this site do not permit any form of help in this particular topic.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user

However I wish you well.

Regards,

Tony.

Bonneville is correct. I'm sorry, but we can't help you with getting around the password. Your best bet is to hit the HP website, click on support and drivers and go from there. You'll have to find your exact product and then find out how to reformat it. HP has good customer service IMO, so hopefully you'll find what you need there. They have forums too which you might want to hit. You could also call them, although depending on the age of your item, they might want to charge you for over the phone help (I'd do that as an absolute last resort!).

Edited by stevealmighty, 20 September 2007 - 04:24 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 MystyDeb

MystyDeb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

Oh Geez, Sorry!!

I didn't even connect the "security measure" thing to this.
I have actually tried to contact HP but alas they don't provide support any longer for their old Ipaqs.
Thanks for letting me know about the rules, I will be more aware next time :thumbsup:

Deb

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:21 AM

Well if all you use your pocket pc for is music and ebooks then a hard reset would be the way forward?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users