Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Sheur.nxd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Ok so I was using hopster this morning ( I use it everyday) and all of a sudden AVG Free pops up saying that it detected "Trojan Horse Sheur.NXD" running on hopster. This has never happened before and I'm wondering how to fix it. Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

if you dont know what the deal is with it could anyone suggest another program that has the same function?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:33 PM

McAfee SiteAdvisor says this: Download Analysis-- "Spyware-WebHancer" is what comes with the HopsterSetup.exe when you download from HOPSTER's Site.
So you probably have other infections, too. Suggest you scan your computer with the two programs below.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Please let us know the results of the scans.

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:38 AM

I ran a virus scan and spyware scan and i found some cookies but nothing big. I dont understand why it worked for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden it wont work. I get this Trojan Horse Sheur.nxd thing and even if i try to ignore it it says "createprocess failed" code 5. I cant win. What can I do?

#5 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

Can somebody please help me out with my issue. Does anyone have the same problem I have with Hopster? Please somebody help! Thanks in advance.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

You need to get rid of the trojan AVG found first. Did you quarantine the trojan?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

When i install, the second it finishes AVG pops up saying that it found the trojan. I have then healed it, quarantined it, and ignored it....none of which helped. After i delete it i scan and AVG as well as other programs dont find anything. So this means that during installation it never actually infects my computer. So im completely confused. I ran superantispyware and AVG in safemode and it didnt help. My only thought is that when i get the program from the website it already has a virus on it. However i dont think this is the case because im sure they are on top of that stuff. Any ideas?

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Dr. Joe,

By requesting a program to bypass security measures that is similar to Hopster, is in violation of BleepingComputer's Message Board Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

could anyone suggest another program that has the same function?

Also note that this is the second time you have been warned about discussing defeating security measures.
If you persist with these types of questions, you will be banned.

To deal with a legitimate Trojan problem, post a HijackThis Log in the in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal Forum by following the directions in this link; Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .

This topic is closed.

Edited by TMacK, 23 September 2007 - 04:34 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users