Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Help Me? Plz!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Des741

Des741

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

I hope this is the right place for my question and im hoping someone can help.

I was sitting there playing online games on the computer and before I knew it my daughter stuck a pencil in the front slots. At first I didnít think much of it because from when I would clean it out I knew nothing was behind them. Seconds after my computer started making a constant sound, kind of like the beep codes but it was just one solid beep. My computer would not respond to any movement of the keyboard or mouse, but I could still see people typing on the game sight so I was not completely locked up. I had to force shut down and when i rebooted I heard the first start up beep then it went back into the solid constant beep. The only thing I could get on my screen was the start up Compaq logo. I have looked at the Compaq site but can not find anything for a ďsolidĒ beep the fans are working fine and all the lights seem to be in working order its just I cant get the beep to stop or the screen to leave the Compaq start up. Any ideas on what the problem is? itís a 6350us. Tia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

What's underneath the spot where your daughter poked the computer and she did break the pencil and it fell inside right?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Des741

Des741
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

she stuck it in the front vent slot there is nothing behind or under it andno she didnt break the pencil. i took the cover off and cleaned it and its still doign the same thing... tg for laptops lol

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:34 AM

Good question Ryan! Usually one long continious been indicates a memory error, however this may differ from computer to computer. The following link indicates that there is a memory issue link.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users