Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabled Task Mgr/regedit/control Panel, Etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 kacee

kacee

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:08 AM

You are my last hope...I've bought Norton 360, xoftspySE, and RegCure all to no avail. I cannot access task manager/control panel (can't even see them on my computer any more) nor do I have access to regedit. Every time I try to "run" a fix it says it has been disabled by my administrator. This is my home computer.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Kacee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

You are my last hope...I've bought Norton 360, xoftspySE, and RegCure all to no avail. I cannot access task manager/control panel (can't even see them on my computer any more) nor do I have access to regedit. Every time I try to "run" a fix it says it has been disabled by my administrator. This is my home computer.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Kacee

Are you able to log in as Administrator via safe-mode? If so try this

Go to Control Panel | User Accounts | Click on the effected account | Then select change account type and toggle Limited and click Change Account Type. After which repeat this process but now select Computer administrator. This has work in the past for me on customers systems displaying the message "This has been disabled by the administrator". This basically reset the permission for that account.

Edited by mmicrosysm, 20 September 2007 - 09:25 AM.

#3 kacee

kacee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

I am a real novice...less than a novice...how do I start in SAFE MODE?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

I have responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.

This thread is closed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users