Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Compu-tar

Compu-tar

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

I've recently switched to Opera and Im loving it much more than Firefox.....but i was wondering, does anyone know how i can make opera my default browser so that a link that i click will start opera instead of another browser?

Any help would be appreciated

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 20 September 2007 - 11:46 PM.

"They say one of a baby's first non-verbal forms communication is pointing. Clicking must be somewhere just after that."

Ben

-Certified Computer Technician-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:00 AM

Sure, its an option you can check in Opera itself:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/802/

Alternatively, you could manually set the (non-microsoft) program default to be opera:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332003/

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#3 Leon Siria

Leon Siria

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

It is available in the Opera online help itself.I have reproduced the exact copy of the relevant lines here:
"The second time you run Opera, it will start displaying a dialog asking if you want Opera to be your default browser. Even if you have previously cancelled this dialog, you can change the setting by doing the following:
1.Go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Programs
2Tick the checkbox for "Check if Opera is default browser on startup".
3.Next time you start Opera, answer "Yes" when the dialog asks you if you want Opera to be the default browser on your computer."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users