Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Easy Ram Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Noss

Noss

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

HI guys. New here and love this place. :thumbsup: Anyways, I saw a section on this website link to a free ware application that tells me what kind of ram I need. And I saw another on how to install it... but now i can't find them... Last time I was not looking for them and stumbled upon it and forgot to favorite it... well please anyhelp would be cool. ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:11 AM

There's a couple of ways to find out what type of RAM you need.
A good freeware application, is SIW.
You can also go to a site, like Crucial, Kingston, or Corsair, plug in your system specs (Make and Model of your computer), and they will tell you what type of RAM, and how much, you can use.

For installing RAM, Crucial has a decent tutorial, that shows you how to do it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users