Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booted Up Computer And Was Told I Needed To Repair Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:40 PM

I would first off like to apologize to anyone who reads this because I am computer illiterate and have little idea what im talking about. As the title suggests I turned on my computer and I was prompted that windows needed to be repaired, so I put in the windows cd and goto the repair screen. Soon after I am completely lost and I give up for the evening. The next day with the windows cd still in the drive I boot up my computer and it starts so I get excited but I notice it takes an extremely long time to boot up and once I actually got on numerous "bad image" errors came up they seem to differ each time I start it up. My computer now runs extremely slow, freezes constantly and within 5-10 minutes of being on I will get a blue screen of death.

As far as the computer goes some of my friends helped my put it together a little over 2 years ago however I moved so I can't get them to help.
I am running windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor Socket 754
eVGA (256-A8-N349-AX) GeForce 6800 GT AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3160215A 160GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive
MB ASUS K8N4-E DELUXE NF4

Not sure if that helps at all but if you need any additional info I would be happy to post it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sagacity83

Sagacity83

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

Try to run system file checker:

Put your XP CD in the drive, Click Start > Run and type:
sfc /scannow

Windows checks to see if any critical files are damaged. If so, SFC will attempt to replace them.

Edited by Sagacity83, 20 September 2007 - 11:38 AM.

Gateway GM5076e, Pentium D CPU 3.20GHZ, 2.1GB of RAM, 465GB SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
256MB, Windows XP Media Center SP2, Mozilla Firefox, McAfee Security Center, AdAwareSE, F-Secure Blacklight, A-squared Free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users