Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero 8 Ultra

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 King Camel

King Camel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

Hello. I am looking for some advice...I hope some of you can help me with your opinions. I just bought Nero 8 Ultra at Best Buy for $59 today. A great deal from what I have seen. My problem is...I don't know which of my two computers is best set up to handle the workload. I've read that Nero can be demanding on resources. These are my options...

My Desktop -
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 GHz
512 KB L2 cache
3 GB of PC3200 DDR SDRAM 400 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE 256MB (shared)
200 GB (SATA) 7200 rpm HDD
16X DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive
Windows XP Pro (Media Center) SP2

My Laptop
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6 GHz Dual Core Mobile TL-50
2 X 256KB L2 Cache
1 GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) (2 Dimm)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) up to 128MB (shared)
100GB 5400RPM (SATA)
Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Windows XP Pro (Media Center) SP2

I'm new to video editing and burning DVD's, so researching all this stuff has been pretty mind boggling. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

Your desktop, primilary because its easier to upgrade for the future e.g if you run out of HDD you can easily replace/add, memory is cheaper, if you need additional cards your desktop is the way to go IMHO.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users