Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming Anything...!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RandomHero

RandomHero

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hello!

I have an Inspiron E1705 with Windows XP Media Center Edition. My problem is that whenever I try to download something, stream a video, or stream music, it freezes. Videos and music stop buffering about halfway through and downloads stop downloading after about 10MB. My computer never runs slow and I know I don't have any spyware or viruses. This has been going on for about six months now and I tried to put up with it but there is only so much I can take at this point. Please help me, I am willing to try anything that sounds good. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hi RandomHero, welcome to BC!

First off, let's get some more info from you. What web browser are you using? What "freezes" the browser or the computer?

Without that info, the only thing I can recommend trying is to update the Adobe Flash Plugin.

#3 RandomHero

RandomHero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Hello Andrew and thanks!

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and the strange thing is, is that it freezes all by itself. I'm not sure what causes this but I will try that plugin.

#4 Speed Racer

Speed Racer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

I am having the same problem. I can not seem to figure it out either. It sucks since I can't watch any online videos and I finally found a way around the download problems. I installed FlashGet since I saw it recommended somehwere else. That helped with the downloads. Though sometimes when the program installs it freezes up. Though the videos are becoming a pain. Anyone have any idea. The videos will freeze up part way in. I was trying to watch a 7min vid and 2mins in it stopped buffering.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:55 AM

Just like Andrew said, be sure you have the latest version of Flash.

#6 Speed Racer

Speed Racer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

I do have the latest version of flash. I downloaded that yesterday with no change in video play or anything.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,095 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

It's possible that a slow download speed is causing the problem. I'm on dial-up, and you might as well forget about on-line videos. If you have broadband, does the slow-down happen at any time during the day or night, or only during heavy use periods?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#8 Speed Racer

Speed Racer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:48 AM

I have broadband. It doesnt matter what time of day it is, the videos still stop buffering. I can't even listen to music online either since it does the same thing as the videos. It sucks having a song quit a few seconds in.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,095 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

One other thought occurs to me. Have you checked to see if anything else on your computer is sending or receiving data when this happens?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#10 Speed Racer

Speed Racer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

I am not sure what I did, Though it is working now. I am having no problems and everything it working fine. TY for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users