Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Will Not Go Past Boot Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kneesock

kneesock

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hello, I am posting after my topic in the HJT forum. I was being assisted, when now my computer won't turn on at all.

It seems my laptop has done the same thing as my computer (which apparently has the same alike virus). It turns off after the Windows XP boot screen. My laptop runs on Windows Media Center Edition, and did not come with any discs with which to boot up from (like my computer did). It only came with a disc to wipe the whole drive. :flowers: It will not boot into Safe Mode, or ANY of the options when you tap F8 in the beginning, as I have tried this already. :thumbsup:
"Your luck has been completely changed tobay."
- Fortune Cookie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:34 AM

Have you used any programs like Logon Studio? I you have and you applied a logon screen which won't work then you will need to put your main hard drive in another computer and replace a file called LogonUI.exe with the original one. (other alternatives are doing a clean install or just repairing the file, system restore or take it into a computer store and it will cost about $20 if you tell them this)

On the other hand if you haven't used logon screens editiors then it may be a virus or the LogonUI.exe file is damaged. Mabye there is a virus in LogonUI.exe.

If you tell me if any error messages come up then I can help you more.

Sorry if you didn't understand. New user.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

kneesock, just a few questions to ask:

- what make and model is your laptop?
- are you running a legit copy of the OS, if so there should be a disk included, called a restore disk. However if you brought your laptop privately there maybe not disks. However if you brought it from a company give them a ring and see if you can obtain the necessary disks.

With more details we can assist you better.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users