Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Dvd Rw Contact

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spellboy

spellboy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

I have recently purchased an an advent laptop. I installed nero 7 and now when I go to 'my computer' I can't see the DVD RW.
Device Manager says that drivers are installed but not working or corrupted. When I use the 'repair' function it comes back with a message that the correcet drivers are installed. Can anyone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

If you have purchased Nero 7, I would suggest that you contact them via email 'help/support'. I've had two versions of Nero and neither worked correctly with XP, so I'm not a Nero fan... :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

Usually the cause will be some "entities" that are created in your registry. Upper and Lower filters. I learned this the hard way, by going and getting a new DVD burner, to have the same situation.

I will suggest you to backup ALWAYS before attempting to change anything in your registry...

click on Start> type "regedit" in start search> this will give you a new window> on the left side of this windows to the top of it you can read My Computer> right click in it and choose "export"> save the result in a safe place. (There is your backup)

in this same window navegate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

And look for upper and lower filters, to delete them, reboot and problem solved.

Before taking any action look here. And make sure the simptons and/or the problems you are experiencing match this case.
Usually does though...
you may read this is only for WinXP, nope works in Vista too.

Mav

Edited by ^MavericK!, 21 September 2007 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users