Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cockydevil

cockydevil

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hi,
I'm haing trouble installing a game on my pc. Everytime i try to install it i get a message saying i need to upgrade or update my graphics card driver.

1. What does this mean?
2. How can i solve this problem?

I have a GeForce FX 5200 128 MB, i know its not the best but my pc meets all the requirements the game needs to play. I dont understand why i cant install it.

Please help.

Thanks alot!!

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:37 PM

It means you need to update your drivers go to nvidia website and download the right driver and install it. It could also mean that you have to upgrade your graphics card completly and buy a new one. Try downloading the latest drivers first.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:40 PM

The drivers are the software that your computer uses so it knows how to use a piece of hardware. You need to download these from the nvidia site. What OS are you using (such as windows 98, xp, vista, mac, linux). If you tell me what Os your using I can easily find the drivers for you. Or, if you go here http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp . Just click graphics drivers (the top option) and then fill out the rest.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 cockydevil

cockydevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

Thanks alot for the replies

Sterling14 I have Windows XP Professional as OS.

Edited by cockydevil, 20 September 2007 - 07:54 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

Here's the link to your download! http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_162.18.html . hopefully this fixes your problem :thumbsup:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 cockydevil

cockydevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

Thanks alot Sterling14!

Spot on!!
Posted Image