Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Morrowind?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hi all Im looking for a game like morrowind. I liked the idea of complete freedom. To do what you want when you wanted to do it. I also thought it was brilliantly made. Almost as if there was a whole world in my pc that would continue to live even after i switched my computer off. Now ive tried oblivion but couldnt get into it as much. Im not sure why, it just doesnt have the same feel to it. So thats it. Has anyone else come across a game with this same "feel" to it thats worth trying?

Also, I heard that there is a Fable 2 coming out. I LOVED the first one (though abit short) but all ive heard is that they were making it for the xbox 360. Does anyone know if it is coming out on PC aswell?
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:31 AM

According to Gamezone, Fable 2 will be released on the PC as well as the XBOX360. However, I doubt they will release at the same time though. I agree that Morrowind has a different "feel" than Oblivion. In my opinion, this is mostly story related. Morrowind wasn't as dark as Oblivion plus it had a more expansive world. The closest thing I have found that can replicate a similar world with complete freedom would be the X series of games. These games are definitely not Oblivion clones as they're sci-fi but the world does offer the ability to go off and do whatever you want. The most recent game in the series, X3: Reunion, accomplishes this very well. The only downside to this is the feeling that you've just been dumped into the game world and have no idea where to start.

X3: Reunion at Egosoft

3939.png

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look into the x-series then. Had a very quick look at the link you posted and it has got my interest. Im a fan of Sci-fi too so it could be a good choice.

Its good to hear about fable 2 being for PC too. Thought i was going to have to shell out 200 for an Xbox 360 then :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 eXpelled

eXpelled

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:20 AM

Since I am fan of that kind of RPGs I had to reply.
Try Avernum (Best of the serial is Avernum 3,but you might want to start from beginning).
Avernum 3 was the first RPG I ever played and it is as good as morrowind.I was suprised when after a week of playing I came to one of the cities which had plague of slimes (some creatures,you can destroy them if you wish) destroyed.And it wasnt destroyed totally,it had people living there,but some people died,the city was runied slowly.Then I loaded when I first came to that city,and went away.After 2-3 days it was in slightly worse condition.The game is absolutely great,you can even be a drug dealer.If you destroy some monsters they dont respawn,but they stay dead.

And I would say that you can try FallOut,I heard pretty good stuff about it (and the third part is finally coming).

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

I saw some screenshots of Avernum, it sort of reminds me of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series in appearance. Fallout 3 is under development by the same people who made Morrowind and Oblivion, Bethesda.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users