Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Mother Boards Making Me Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azavache

azavache

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

I AM LOST, please help me.

My computer (PC) has two mother boards.
Seems that one is the original and the other one is Dell. Now, the problem started since my keyboard wasn't letting me type anything. If I press 1, the keyboard would show it as 111111...etc. So, you can imagine the problem.
So, I unistalled the keyboard while in safe mode. Then, the problem seemed not to be fixed, therefore, I unistalled Windows XP since I also was having a lot of problems with viruses. Now that I am putting my Restore CD, the black screen with the windows option appear but althought I press the option for Windows to start, it doesn't works. It says Boot from Cd, and then says Cannot open R:/T2385.gho and then Cannot open"GHOSTERR.TXT. What should I do now? Is it that the computer is not recognizing the Restore CD since it also have a Dell mother board? What is the problem? Please help! and by the way, the keyboard is a mess, how can I fix these two things at the same time???? :-(

THANKS

Edited by TMacK, 19 September 2007 - 01:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

You certainely have screwed up your PC!! As far as I'm aware i've never known a personal computer to have two motherboards in one case. It maybe an old comptuer with such addons as a 'daughterboard' but I doubt it. If you want help we need a detailed spec of your current computer e.g

- Operating System
- Make & model of computer
- Additional hardware e.g sound/graphic cards
- memory, hard disk
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users