Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Error - (server Response Reset)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

Hi all

The below Server Error has been causing their website to take forever to load - sometimes it does load after awhile - and sometimes it doesn't. Not great for a Real Estate Agent's website!!

They said that this error occured shortly after their hard drive crashed (hard drive now fixed) - but is this relevant to the web server??

Can you please give me some info on what this error is about, and what steps can be taken to fix it.

Also, when the hard drive crashed, they sent it by courier to someone else to fix. Is there an easier alternative method, such as remote desktop or whatever??

I really have no idea about all of this stuff, but I promised (in hindsight, not one of my better ideas!), I would help them get their website up and running again.

So if anyone can help me to stand by my "promise", that would be great.

Many thanks
Nat

[code=SERVER_RESPONSE_RESET] The server response could not be read because of an error. Contact your system administrator.

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:12 AM

Can you post what the website is?

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

Hi. Web link below. Many thanks.

website link

#4 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hi. Web link below. Many thanks.

website link

Hi there

I was wondering if you have had any luck with this 500 server error? I keep checking the site and it's the same as before. Sometimes it works, but 90% not.

I do have a vested interest in my friend's website as my house is listed for sale on it.

She mentioned that she was having issues with the web host, DevelopNet, I believe, about what, I don't know.

Could this be the problem?, or is it something else entirely??

I really hope that you can help, because I really need to see my house as I'm sure the others do to.

Many thanks
Nat

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Hey Nat, the site works perfectly on my end.

??

#6 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

Hi, me again.

I've just clicked on the link that I provided to the website and seen that it loads 100%, so you are no doubt wondering what I'm going on about!

Well, if you wouldn't mind accessing the site by entering www.pamsorel.co.za instead of clicking on my link,

The homepage loads just fine, so take it further by clicking on one of the main links such as properties for sale, and then try clicking on several of those links, and see if the property link loads or not.

What I've found by testing as many links as I can, is that each new link takes forever to load like 2 mins or so, and then either loads or gives the 500 error. Obviously if prefetch is enabled like I have, previous links usually are fine, but again not always.

I'm detailing all this, because the loading is so inconsistant, and if you clicked on my link above, you would assume that I'm totally nuts!! So it just needs a few more clicks here and there, for you to get what I'm on about.

I've tried on both firefox and IE7

I hope.!

Many thanks
Nat

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

I got one "server reset the connection" with Firefox here in the US, after clicking on each link that I could find on all the pages. Ran the site through IE6, and had no problems. The reset was on the properties for sale page. The click that caused the reset was the contact info at the bottom of the page.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#8 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

I did not have any issues with either Firefox or IE, and I clicked everything I could find. I tried inputting the URL you listed as well and did the same. No issues.

Sorry nat.

#9 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

OK thanks for trying. But I still don't get it. Did you try clicking on several different properties? Did the pages load quickly, or take awhile?

I'm loading a page from the site right now and so far it's taken over a minute.

I haven't had the 500 error code for awhile now.

Would you mind doing me a favour and checking back into that site once in awhile, perhaps after logging off and on again, cleaning your web history of that site, and seeing what the results are?

I'm in Cape town, and have asked friends from other countries, UK, Oz etc to do the same, cos I'm thinking that it might be a local problem.

Thanks alot, and let me know results.

Cheers
Nat :thumbsup:

#10 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

Cleaned everything and tried again, clicking all links I could find on the website, and it works great.

#11 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

Cleaned everything and tried again, clicking all links I could find on the website, and it works great.

Thanks so much for your time in helping me with this. Still not loading right from this side though.

All the same, cheers! :thumbsup:
Nat

#12 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

Tried the same from my location, I could find no problems on any link. Some of the properties had a few second server wait, but came up once the wait was over in less than one second.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#13 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

Tried the same from my location, I could find no problems on any link. Some of the properties had a few second server wait, but came up once the wait was over in less than one second.

Thanks to you as well for your time. If ever I get to the bottom of this (if there is one), I'll let you know.

Cheers

Nat :thumbsup:

#14 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

Sometimes errors like that can simply be attributed to one of the relay servers in your path. The others that have checked for you have had no problems because they are not going through the same servers that you are.

#15 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

Sometimes errors like that can simply be attributed to one of the relay servers in your path. The others that have checked for you have had no problems because they are not going through the same servers that you are.

Hi Groovicus

Can you explain about the "server" I'm assuming that eash country has it's own server or servers - because here in Cape Town, many have reported the same issues for the website I'm trying to fix.

Other south african based websites seem 100%

Any more thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users