Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gta: Vice City

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 r1ckst4

r1ckst4

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:19 AM

hey guys i've been missing playing this game on my ps2 that is now broken and so i got the game's PC version.

the game plays fine, no glitches or lags what so ever but after about 5 - 10 minutes playing it my computer freezes!
can't change the display on this game (only 1 setting at 640 x something) i've tried re-installing it (3 times now) with the optional "radio pack" un-checked. but the problem never goes away.

game's minimum requirements:

800 MHz Intel Pentium III or 800 MHz AMD Athlon or 1.2GHz Intel Celeron or 1.2 GHz AMD Duron processor
128 MB of RAM
8 speed CD / DVD drive
915 MB of free hard disk space
(+ 635 MB if video card does NOT support DirectX Texture Compression)
32 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers ("GeForce" or better)
Sound Card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers Keyboard & Mouse

My Computer:

Intel pentium 4 2.2GHz
333MHz 768 of RAM
10GB free space
GeForce4 MX 420 64MB with the latest driver and 9.0 DirectX version
Windows XP sp.2

I've played games like age of mythology which very rarely freeze (once or twice) and NFS: Underground which also rarely freeze infact i cant remember wether it ever freezes on me...

So yeah, i thought GTA:vice city wouldnt cause such a problem but damn i was wrong...

please help me play this game again.. i really really like it and miss playing it... thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi r1ckst4! I am not an expert but I don't think that the problem is in your computer, because I have similar PC configuration and I was able to run the game fine. I had the same problem at the beginning and I fixed it, believe it or not, by turning off the radio while driving the car or the motorbike!
People live to learn, and learn to live...

#3 r1ckst4

r1ckst4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:58 AM

yeah that's what i thought... but sometimes it freezes while my character is walking around... :thumbsup:

#4 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:57 AM

I don't know, that never happened to me. I will try to find out what could cause this. When I find the possible solution I will let you know.

#5 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

I think I know what could be the problem. The game is running multiple processes and they need RAM memory. You do not have a video card that is strong enough to work with these processes. If it is no problem to you then buy a new, better video card ( it took one year for me to save for a new video card). But don't rush it. Screen freezing could also be game's bug, because it is so weird that this happened to so many people.

If I think of something else, I will let you know. Cheers!

#6 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

Hi! There is something else that you could do. If you have Alcohol 120% make an "image" of GTA: Vice City play CD, and run the game with that image. It might solve the problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users