Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Html Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merthyrblue

merthyrblue

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

Have been trying to design a full A4 card with an image at the center and some simple coloured borders, which would go inside my filefolder for college. But i can make design fit the width of the card but not the height. As soon as i click on "print preview" There is a space at the top and the bottom that i can't get rid of. Could someone help me out here please. Many thanks

You can follow this link to see the design. Click here!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hi, merthyrblue.

If I understand you, you want to use HTML to make a printable page that fits onto an A$ sized sheet of paper?

If that's the case, then I want to point out that their are easier ways! Using a word processing program like Microsoft Word or OpenOffice's Write will be able to accomplish this without worrying about the idiosyncrasies of HTML.

Using HTML for designing printable graphic layouts is not a good idea. Each computer and web browser will display it in a slightly different way. If you need the graphic to be downloadable by others, I suggest using a word processor to create it, then save it as an image or a PDF (you can download a free PDF maker from here: Bullzip PDF Printer.

Let me know if I misunderstood you or you absolutely need it to be in HTML. There's probably a way to get it done using javascript and/or CSS.

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

If you want a border use CSS.
Google it .

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users