Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Patch For Widows 2007 Does Not Work, Slow Internet?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mom53

mom53

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

1. I am a graduate teaching assistant that must grade papers from home via a online password access learning program called WebCT. My operating ssystem is windows XP 2002 with service pak 2 and a verified Microsft Office 2003. Many students have been sending in windows 2007 .docx files that I cannot open with my office word from the WebCT grading site. I downloaded the patch for 2007 but it does not work, or I downloaded wrong. I also have wordperfect loaded and their .wps files won't open either. I do choose office word or word perfect from the choice to download to. I am so far behind on these blasted papers because of this problem I live in SE Idaho, USA PLease help

2. I have qwest internet with msn email and home page but I also have mozilla as a browser and internet explorer7 which I just updated. I mostly use the mozilla and the university I attend recommends it. I do regular defragmentaion, disk cleanup, malware scans etc. My pages are taking so long to load, sometimes so long they time out. I do not have a lot of trouble when starting up but it is pretty slow as well. I have disabled some components of Norton to try to speed things up. My DSL is 1.24 whatever that means and 1536 per something, so I expect a bit faster response. Is it my old operating system causing the problems or what?
Thanks I am :thumbsup:

Edited by TMacK, 18 September 2007 - 10:21 PM.
Topic moved to more appropriate forum ~TMacK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Hi mom53. Do you have Automatic Updates enabled ? There are a bunch of hotfixes for Office 2003.

I take it that you downloaded and installed this ?

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

You could also try installing the Word 2003 Viewer and using that. It needs the 2007 compatibility pack, too. It won't edit the files, of course.

How to view Word 2007 and Excel 2007 files by using Word Viewer 2003 and Excel Viewer 2003

This might have some additional info.

Opening & Saving Word, PowerPoint and Excel's new default file formats in previous versions of Office
_

Edited by WinCrazy, 18 September 2007 - 11:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users