Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Releases Critical Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TeMerc

TeMerc

Countermeasures Team Leader

• Malware Response Team
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

Microsoft has released twelve (12) new security bulletins. The security updates for February 2005 include several high-priority updates for Microsoft Windows that also affect Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Media Player technologies.

Critical Updates (8) Important (3) Moderate (1) Re-released Bulletins (2)View the Bulletin Summary in http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletin...02_windows.mspx

If you have any of the software listed on this page installed on your computer, you should visit the visit Windows Update and Office Update websites to install related updates.
Posted Image
Calendar of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
HijackThis! Trusted Advisor
Ultimate Countermeasures Page
TeMerc Internet Countermeasures
Remember, you can NEVER be OVERPROTECTED!!!
Proud Member of the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 harrywaldron

harrywaldron

Security Reporter

• Members
  • 509 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up and an EXCELLENT summary :thumbsup:

I'll share my "color coded" blog post on this - lol I'd encourage everyone to get updated as quickly as possible, esp. with 8 CRITICAL vulnerabilities affecting Windows, Office, IE and other products.

February 2005 - Microsoft Security Bulletins

#3 Wink

Wink

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:10 AM

Hi TeMerc ,
I received those critical updates this morning, included was a Malicious Software Removal Tool, is this a program or is it a add on to Microsoft AntiSpyware? I have done a search for it , and tried to find more information about it at the Microsoft Web Site, not much help there.
Thank You,
Wink
P.S. I dug a little deeper today, and found this at the, Microsoft web site. The only new files I found on my computer that had anything to do with it was in, Run, type: %windir%debug and both are empty. Have a great day, Wink

Edited by Wink, 10 February 2005 - 08:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users