Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:27 PM

Everyone loves gmail and the 2.8gigs they get now but i wanted to know if you keep your inbox clean or just never delete anything? Personnaly i have 60+ pages that i am to lazy to delete.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

I have several gmail accounts.

One that I receive mail from the sites I'm on I keep fairly clean. Don't need to retain most of the mail.

Another, actually the first I ever had, I've allow to retain almost all the mail - except the spam of course.
There's only about 880mgb used there.

One can always go back to the last page and do a bulk clean up when you're really bored?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

My gmail is almost empty and i havent checked it in almost 2 weeks. (I receive little to no mail there). My other Mailbox is maybe half its daily limit and its been the same amount of time. (256 or 512 mb download/upload a day. I forget. since both are used as POP3 neither is stored on the server.)

Posted Image

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

I keep mine clean. Like 1 or 2 percent full if that?...

I like to delete the junk. Just because you CAN keep it all does not mean you have to.

#5 doomgiver13

doomgiver13

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

Generally, if I consider a conversation important enough to keep, I star it. Periodically, I just select all unstarred messages and delete.

About once every month or two, I go through my starred list to make sure there's nothing worthless in there.
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

I clean up my primary G-mail account at least once a day, since it is very busy; those messages I wish to keep I then download to Thunderbird. I have agree with CGM3: "Just because you CAN keep it all does not mean you have to."
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

I'm at about 76% capacity. No, I'm not Mr. Popular or even Mr. Never-Deletes-Anything. I use my gmail account(s) as online storage for files that I may need should bad things ever happen (lost in Siberia at a Starbucks, etc.).

I have maybe 13 messages, the rest is all GMFS (GMailFileSystem) stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users