Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When buying hardware.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

I'm about to buy a product from Amazon and it says for shipping that it is Expedited. What does this mean? I Live in an apartment and go to school during the day so I don't want it delivered. By the way what do they do if I am not there when they deliver it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:19 PM

Expedited on meriam webster online says this:
1 : to execute promptly
2 : to accelerate the process or progress of : speed up

So its like speedy service in plain english.

Most of the time UPS and fedex or even USPS will just leave the package. Now some new services will not leave the package unless you are there the first time.

I have ordered many things online I think you will be safe.

What are you getting if you do not mind sharing?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:12 PM

Depends on what the person means by expedited, but it probably means (or should mean if you are paying extra for it) next day delivery. Do not expect them to just leave the package, as they require proof of receipt in the form of a signature. If they cannot get that, they will leave a sticky notice that they attempted to deliver a package. You may be able to call and arrange for a weekend delivery.
If you have nice landlords, you might ask them if they will accept the package for you, and leave a note to that effect by your mailbox or delivery area in the building.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 z_silversurfer_z

z_silversurfer_z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:36 PM

I'm purchasing a pair of headphones. Ultrasone hd 650's. I also live in an apartment..............

#5 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:10 PM

Go to dictionary.com to find the definition of any words you dont know the definition of.
Or if your using firefox get Dictionary Search so you can highlight a word, right click and press Dictionary Search for "The word here". :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users