hello, sra122.. this is what the person from microsoft toled me to do: she ask me to send her a windows update log (Click on Start, Run and type "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the quotes) Click on the OK button. We will see a file named "WindowsUpdate.log"
Now click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As" and select "Desktop" in the "Save in" option on the top of the window.
After reviewing the WindowsUpdate.log, she found that there iwas an error code 0x80246008. This error code is mainly caused by the corrupted Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
so, the next step was to reinstall Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 Windows 2000 (KB842773) and modify the registry branch to repair this service.
Step 1: Download and install KB842773
downloaded the update from microsoft sitehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en
Please note its location.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
4. Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.
5. Please install the update in the Safe Mode.
Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. We can just restart the computer to switch to Normal Mode.
After installing KB842773, please restart the computer to Normal and perform the following steps to modify the registry branch:
Step 2: Modify registry branch
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following registry subkey:
3. If the registry subkey exists, go to step 4. If the registry subkey does not exist, create the registry subkey.
To do this, follow these steps:
a. Right-click Backup Restore, point to New, and then click Key.
b. Type FilesNotToBackup, and then press ENTER.
4. Quit Registry Editor.
5. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
6. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
7. In the General tab, click Start.
and after all that my computer can get the updates just fine. do you have the same problem? See Ya!!