Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Vertical Line On Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaden4kc

jaden4kc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

Sometimes I have a red vertical line on my monitor about 3 inches from the right side of the screen. It is there for days at a time and then gone for no reason. The majority of the time it is not there. I have noticed that it does not appear when the first booting up when the screen shows the Acer start up screen but the line does appear immediately after that once Windows and everything else boots up. The line never flickers or changes colors or size. Nothing new was installed prior to its appearance. No changes were made to the settings. I have an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop. XP Pro. "Display properties" says my adapter is SiS M760GX. I don't know if that is the same thing as a video card. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

A quick tip would be to hook your laptop to a monitor and displaying the contents from your laptop to the attached monitor to see if the line appears.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users