Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sygate Constantly Receving Data?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Parksy

Parksy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hi there guys, long time no see but the last help was much appreciateds!!

I have something either a bit strange happening or i dont fully understand lol

I have XP sp2, all working fine, using firefox instead of internet explorer..AVG, sygate etc

But sygate keeps saying im sending and receving lots and lots of data regarding ndisuio.sys file......says it is being contacted by a remote machine???

I have ran virus checks, spyware, malware etcand all clean....

Any help much appreciated guys...

Parksy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

There are sites you can look at to see what this "service" from Windows does, and if it is necessary. But I've got Sygate and I have it blocked. Try that. If something doesn't work you can always enable it again and then go looking to see what other kinds of services you have running that depend on it and decide what else to block or allow.

From what I've just read, ndisuio.sys has to do with wireless, Bluetooth, etc. If you don't have wireless, you probably don't need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users