Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Log Into All 3 Messenger Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 wmvs

wmvs

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

When I try to log into AIM, it says "server error occured".

MSN & Yahoo messenger both crash when I try to log in.

Could there be some spyware that is blocking the ports necessary to runs these programs? Everything else seems to be working fine, and I am currently running SuperAntiSpyware to see if anything comes up. HELP ME!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

Please let us know what you find with you scan, are you doing this in safe mode? Safe mode is the most effective way to run your scans and the applications aren't active at this time which means that you will have a better chance of finding infections.

Are you on a server?

What kind of connection are you using to get online?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 wmvs

wmvs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

Please let us know what you find with you scan, are you doing this in safe mode? Safe mode is the most effective way to run your scans and the applications aren't active at this time which means that you will have a better chance of finding infections.

Are you on a server?

What kind of connection are you using to get online?

The scan is still processing, and yes, in safe mode.

We are on a server, and I checked with the server and all of the other computers on the network, and they can all connect to the messenger programs.

It's a DSL connection. Everything was working fine yesterday. I checked my Microsoft updates to see if something was loaded in this morning or yesterday, but nothing was.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hello wmvs,

Your HJT Log has been split away from this topic and moved to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users