Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-size Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:44 PM

I looked at a previous topic in this forum and didn't really see the right program I wanted. Basically I want to be able to resize a small image to an large image without distortion. How can I do that? I use Photoshop cs3 and Illustrator cs3, is there another program I can use to resize the images without distortion?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:27 AM

You have just so much information stored in those smaller images.
When you try to enlarge an image, you're basically pulling the pixels apart, and the program has to "guess" what is to occupy the additional space between the pixels.
Most programs aren't very good at "guessing".
I imagine, there are some high-end (expensive) image editing programs that are better at "guessing", than other programs, but I can't say for sure.
Even then, I'd imagine the results would be mediocre, at best.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:41 AM

As tg1911 explained there is little that can be done to bitmaps. Vector graphics (the kind you create with Illustrator) can be resized as much as you want, but for bitmaps Photoshop CS3 is probably as good as it gets for now. Dr Ariel Shamir has done some breathtaking work in this area but it is not available for public consumption yet.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

try a piece of software called liquid resize. this is free and is based arround the same principle.

Here is the link

http://www.thegedanken.com/retarget/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users