Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Problems?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tymaraux

Tymaraux

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

Hi, i was hoping someone might be able to help me with this problem.

When i start my computer and windows begins loading, i get a message that says: Windows cannot find "C:\windows\system32\gljgogzu\lsass.exe" .... after hitting ok, i get the message that says: "Windows could not run or load "C:\windows\system32\gljgogzu\lsass.exe" specified in the registry and goes on to say that i should remove it from the registry.... I am not familiar with the registry so i don't know what to do and i don't want to screw anything up. This has been happening for quite some time, but it doesn't hurt anything that i am aware of...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Tymaraux

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:06 AM

Hi tymaraux

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Very wise not to mess with the Registry. One small mistake and your system is Kablooie. I'd recommend that you install ERUNT which will automatically make a backup of your registry each time you boot up. You will find it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html , along with lots of other freebies.

I don't know if this will work but I would be inclined to run a Full Scan with Windows Live ONECARE, and see if that fixes it. Use Internet Explorer and run the scan from here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hi Tymaraux. The path of this file suggests that you either are now or were infected with a virus or other malware. It's good that this file no longer exists. The pop-up error message is annoying, but doesn't indicate any other problem.

ERUNT is the best, any maybe the only way to automatically make a complete Registry backup each time you start up your PC.

After you have installed and run ERUNT, if you still want to get rid of the error message then post back and I'll show you how. It's not hard at all to do.

#4 Tymaraux

Tymaraux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ok, I have done what both of you have suggested. Please show me how to get rid of that error message.

thanx

Tymaraux

#5 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

Hi again.

1) Install ERUNT
2) Run ERUNT to make a complete Registry backup, including a program to automatically restore the Registry if needed.

3) Start > Run > regedit > OK

Select the 'My Computer' entry at the top of the window.
Menu bar: Edit > Find

UNCheck the boxes 'Keys' and 'Values'
Check the box 'Data'

Find what: > C:\windows\system32\gljgogzu\lsass.exe > Find Next

The search will begin and may take up to 30 seconds; be patient - the Registry is HUGE.

Regedit will highlight the key under which a Value (labelled 'Name') and Data where the search string has been found.

Right-click the Name entry which has the Data listed as "C:\windows\system32\gljgogzu\lsass.exe".
Select 'Delete'.

Press F3 to continue to search the rest of the Registry. Repeat the delete procedure for any other finds. However, there may be only one.

Exit Regedit.

Restart your PC and check if the warning popup reappears.
_

Edited by WinCrazy, 18 September 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#6 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:04 AM

If it is a problem with the Registry, you could try use CCleaner. It is a system optimzation toll and a registry cleaner. I recommend that you download www.ccleaner.com and install it then do an Registry Scan. It is a very simple program and very usefull. (It is also a free program)

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

Typically when you get a virus it makes an entry in your registry instructing your computer to run the virus everytime you start. Your antivirus found the virus and deleted it, but this entry is still in your registry, which is why you are getting the error message. Using the AutoRuns utility you should be able to locate this entry and delete it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 eXpelled

eXpelled

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:03 AM

I recommend CCleaner,I have it for a long time and it is very useful.
By deleting files which are not necessary you can save up HDD space too.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

...and...when trying to eliminate a pest, you need to be sure to turn off System Restore (if you have it running).

Otherwise, you may be saving the irritant on your system...which facilitates its reappearance.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users