Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Unusable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neoshadow15

neoshadow15

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:08 PM

Hey guys. I tried using SmitFraudFix.exe on my Windows Vista computer and followed the instructions to remove some bad stuff. After I used it, the computer said my operating system was missing. So i try to reinstall vista, but now everything is unusable and i cant find any of my old stuff. I cant play music, connect to the internet, or anything. Is there any hope for me, cause i had some really important stuff on there like my homework. Really desparate for help right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

SmitFraudFix.exe is not compatable with Vista. I'm not sure what to tell you

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

The first thing you should attempt, before anything else, is to recover your homework. Try booting from a Live Linux CD, or with a PreInstallation Environment (such as BartPE or the Ultimate Boot CD) to see if you can recover your homework. After that, try repairing your Vista installation by booting from the Vista DVD.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 neoshadow15

neoshadow15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

Aww man. Apparently I messed up. After my friends started tryin to fix it, i lost all my files somehow. I guess i'll try to get an extension for all that work. I wish i saw that not compatible with vista thing on the smithfraudfix. Well anyways thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users