Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am New To This But

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

I was wondering are there like any beginer 3d graphic programs because i am a total noob at this (laugh if u want) i am trying to work with blender but its not coming along so well any recommendations? Something that is free maybe?
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

I see what you mean... Blender is extremely frustrating and takes mad amounts of RAM....

Blender is the only 3d program that I really know of that is free. Cinema 4D is probably like the PS of the 3d world, so thats probably out of the question....

Are you just trying to make some stuff? Do you really have to have it?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

I know nothing about this, but it is 3d modelling, and it is free - so see how it goes. http://www.artofillusion.org/

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

This is the easiest to use, free program, that I've found.
It's fairly limited as to what you can do, compared to Blender, but it's a good "learning" program.

3DPlus
You'll need to register it, to get a Key Code.
The first time you launch the program, is when you'll have to register it.
During registration, it'll ask for your name, address, and phone#, but you can enter in fake information, if you want.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Yea i just a kid so i cant afford those 3000 dollar programs i just wanted to try it out so thanks for your posts
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#6 clockradio

clockradio

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

You can try anim8tor:

http://www.anim8or.com/

#7 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

Another possibility is Daz Studio, which is kind of a watered-down but FREE version of Poser:

http://www.brothersoft.com/graphics_design...udio_60490.html

Have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users