Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Help Viewer Displaying Html And Xml Code Only

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Harkonenn

Harkonenn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

Recently, my Windows (XP) help viewer has been displaying most CHM's as their source as opposed to rendered pages. For example, if I open the help for Window Media Player, I get a popup at the top of the viewer window that reads "This webpage might not be displayed properly. The content of the webpage does not match the type specified by the server. Click here for options..." In the options is a choice to "show restricted content." If I choose that, then I get a "File Download - Security Warning" window with buttons to open or save the page. Only after clicking "open" do I get to see the page in its correct form.

Now, if I open the help for ACDSee, and some other apps, I don't get that popup warning, but what I do get is just the XML code for the help pages. There's no option to view restricted content, etc.

Can anyone help? Please?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users