Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What To Do With Following Spy Bot Detecte Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mnd1982

mnd1982

• Deactivated
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

Today i downloaded and installed spy bot search and destroy(also updated it).After performing a full scan it showed following error.Please tell me How to deal with it. I am posting the log below

[codebox]--- Search result list ---
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify: [SBI $5509538C] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: [SBI $3604910C] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify: [SBI $8CFC8C85] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify: [SBI $2FAA945D] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.5 (build: 20070830) ---[/codebox]
Thank you for support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

For the Spybot alerts on Windows Security Center read the discussion here and see the FAQ: Why does Spybot-S&D flag changes in the Windows Security Center?.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 mnd1982

mnd1982
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

Thank you very much quietman7 for your fast reply.I went through the links you advised.Just wanted to ask are things ok as per above logs?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

As the Spybot folks say

...This is neither a false positive nor a bug. It is just an information. Spybot-S&D only wants to bring to your attention that "someone" disabled one or more notifications in the Windows Security Center.

If you changed the settings yourself you can safely tell Spybot to exclude those detections from further scans...The same is true if you have another security solution installed (like McAfee Security Center or Norton Internet Security). These programs also disable the Windows Security Center in order to take care of things themselves. The reason why the changes are flagged by Spybot-S&D is that there are also malware programs that disable the notifications so the user doesn't take note of his security tools not being effective.

If you did not change the settings, then I would ask what other security programs you have installed?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users