Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paint Program Font Selection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hello,

I used help in Paint to find out what was wrong, because I can't find the font selection , when I use, "A", I can scroll in a letter box and Print in one font and in one size, but that's it ?

I zoom in to be in the right picture size, Normal is grey, so I am in the Normal size mode, but the font selection is mysteriously not appearing ?

I'm sure this is a simple thing but what an I missing ?

Jove

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

After you have selected the text tool thingy and drawn your text box, go view>text toolbar and that should pop up and show all available fonts, sizes etc.

#3 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hello Jove,

(I was in the process of posting this, and then saw alumbagh's reply, which is correct. Just be aware that there are other limitations when using 'Paint'.)

You need to get the 'Text Toolbar' displayed. After you click the 'A' icon/button and create a textbox, then click the 'View' menu item and enable (click) the 'Text Toolbar' menu item -- be sure to do this while the textbox is still active/selected. You should then be able to change the font/size of the text in that textbox.

Once you have enabled the 'View, Text Toolbar', it should pop-up automatically the next time you click the 'A' button/icon and then click in the image to create another textbox.

Also note that, as stated in the Help:

"You can enter text in a text box only once. When you click outside the box, the text is converted to a graphic image and you cannot make it active again."

What that means is that you can only change the font/size of the text when you are in the process of creating/editing/manipulating the textbox "the first time" -- just after you create it (i.e., while it is still "active"/highlighted/bordered). Once you click outside the border of that textbox, you can't change anything in that textbox (using the 'A' icon/button).

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

Thanks to all !!

I am sure that this information is going to be alot of help, I am making note of it.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users