Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dbhelp.dll Infected!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HoLeY

HoLeY

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

I am currently experiencing an issue with a pws.wow infection of dbhelp.dll. My anti spyware/anti virus program Bitdefender 10, has been registering it in the events page as a "critical" error. After researching the pws.wow virus - i believe it's just a World of Warcraft password stealer...however, due to the fact that it is apparent, it makes my Bitdefender take up a lot of resources managing it.

No recent changes on the OS or computer, although I might have picked this up from some website. Should I try to roll the computer back or re-install the dbhelp.dll from a drive with the same o/s installed? (i have another drive that I have on my computer that is a slave, but does have windows xp installed)

Any help on this, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a really great hardware guy...but only mediocre on the software...so any help is good.

My specs:

Windows XP Pro, SP2
AMD Dual Core opteron 2 ghz overclocked to 2.05
2 gb pc3200 ddr
1.3 terabytes storage
ATI 1950 GTX PCI-E vid card
ASUS mobo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

Please follow the instruction here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:07 AM

If you can't remove this virus then check in the procceses tab of the taskmanager and then close if the same name as this virus then you can remove it

hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users