Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video On A Dell 5100 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nixgod

nixgod

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

I have a inspiron 5100. someone decided to spill something on the laptop. i was able to clean it up and get it working. after awhile the lcd screenwould not come on. i could hook it up to a monitor and it would work. i took it apart and blew it out with air. put it back together and it worked. then again it stopped working. so i decided to get a new video card. put that in and it worked fine for a couple of months. then the lcd stopped working. can still hook it up to eternal works fine. so i decide to replace the mother board and see what that would do. tried that and could not get the laptop tp boot up to even the external monitor. it would power on but nothing else. i tool the lcd off and tried it on another dell i have and it has worked fine on that one for about 2 weeks. i did not take the lcd from the other dell and try it on this one just because i don;t wnat to accidentally do somthing to that one. so i put the old mother board back in and can now boot up and use an external monitor if i want. I am at a loss now on what to try to get the lcd working again. I tried again to install the new motherboard i changed the memory in it and i was able to get the external motinor the work. So i got another video card but still no lcd display. I don't know what i did next because now i can not get the exernal monitor ro work again with either the new or old mother board.

any help would be appreciated thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:59 PM

Sorry to hear that nixgod, sounds like your in a bit of a bother! You have pretty much covered what I would of suggested. Personally I would try and get at least one machine working, if thats not possible I would sell the parts and purchase another laptop. Otherwise you'll be throwing goog money after bad and spending more and more on a project that isn't going anywhere.

Sorry I couldn't of been more helpfull.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:55 AM

i was thinking about just selling it. luckily i already have a couple of laptops and this was just a project. thanks for hwe reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users