Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Directx Not Detected By Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jon B.

Jon B.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

Hi Team,

It looks like I may have more luck posting here than at the AMD/ATI support page - so here goes.

Just got my mitts on;

Lego Star Wars 2
Company of Heroes
Combat Flight Sim 3
A demo of Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

They are all giving "no DirectX/ no 3D card" type messages when I attempt to run them.

If you will examacuse me for being lazy ( it is midnight here and I will be up early with my 2 lovely sparrows ) I will cut/paste my question to AMD below......

Details: Hi friendly AMD Support folk,
First, I am unsure of my exact Radeon 9600 model, am sure it is Sapphire, but no listing for a 9600 XT 256meg?
Problems;
- When starting Combat Flight Sim 3 I get error "CFS3Config could not detect any DirectX 8-capable video cards. CFS3 requires a directx 8 compatible video card." DXDIAG results are that I have DirectX 9.0c, however the 'Display' tab shows 'Approx. Total Memory: n/a'
- Company of Heroes. Error "Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system."
- Lego Star Wars 2. "Sorry but your machine is unable to run this game. It requires a graphics card which supports Pixel Shaders v1.1"
+
+
This machine is an AMD Athlon64 3200+ on a K8ns ultra 939 mobo with 1Gb of ram. Video is a Radeon 9600XT 256mb ram.
+
+
This machine has a freshly installed WXP Pro with every update and patch from M$ website, Catalyst 7.9 and latest Nforce3 from Nvidia.
+
+
It used to play all games like a trooper, but I have not had time to play for about a year. Now I have been given some games and I thought that this was just a case of needing to reinstall all S/W for it to work, but no....
+
+

Please feel free to flame me for not including all the details you need to answer, I have a thick skin ( and head at this time of day - lol!).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jon B.

Jon B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

OK! Success!

Had a troll through the post from the fellow with a CSS problem -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77307/i-need-help-css-problem/

Used the Omega drivers that are liked to in the post.

Now it runs all of the games a sweetly as an aging machine could be expected to.

Thanks Team!

:thumbsup:

:flowers:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

And a personal THANK YOU for posting about how you fixed the problem. This could certainly help another reader with the same or similar problem.
Sincerely,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users