Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Manoj-p

Manoj-p

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:17 AM

I had installed Adobe soundbooth some time back.

After the term expired, I had uninstalled it. Immidiatly after that I had to do a system restore for some reason, and the soundbooth came back!!!!

Now I just can not uninstall it. It is asking me to reinstall the application and I will not do so.

Is there any way I can uninstall it. It is taking a lot of spaces in my hard drive.

There are couple of other stubbern programmes which will not get unistalled through Add or remove programme, and I want to remove those also.

I just do not want to delete the files from the C:Programme file I need to completly uninstall and remove the registry entries.

My system is

Win XP SP2, 250 GB HDD, Core 2 Duo 6300, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7900 GS 512 MB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:26 AM

If those programs use Windows Installer to install, then you can try using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 1.0.
And I think you can restore your system restore by restoring it before the system restore.

Edited by idk, 17 September 2007 - 04:27 AM.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:29 AM

You could always try Uninstall Plus! It is a program that is available on a trial basis HERE. I use it regularly and like it. Not only will it start a specific program's uninstaller, but then it will search the registry for any traces of the deleted program.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

I wen't through the same problem with Adobe CS2 you can manually uninstall the program following this Tutorial. After uninstalling the program if it still resides in the add/remove utility and its not in the uninstall registry directory you can use the Windows uninstaller utility to remove it from the add/remove .

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

I have also had success with Revo: http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

#6 Manoj-p

Manoj-p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:53 AM

Thanks guys for your support.

I did download uninstall plus and have removed the Adobe Sound booth. However one registry entry is still remaining and the programme is appearing in the "add and remove programmes" section.

The uninstall plus does not detect the adobe sound booth any more. I guess I can live with it.

I do not want to mess up the registry anyway trying to delete a perticular entry.

#7 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hi Manoj-p. You don't need to mess with the Registry. Use the Windows uninstaller utility.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

Dito.... Wincrazy and I both linked to this program. Its a microsoft product that easily removes the program from the add/remove utility just select the program name and click remove. Thats it

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users