Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound And Video Sucks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thaundying04

thaundying04

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

I have a Compaq Presario 5330 CA and there seems to be something wrong with the sound and video, I don't know if its the cards or driversbut everytime I'm about 2 minutes into a song or video my computer will slow right down and play it real slow, don't know whats wrong, I installed SoundMAX Integrated Audio and I have NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400 on my comp. I should also mention that I noticed there was no files in the DirectX folder and installed the newest version, still no files, but my computer said it found the new hardware for my sound device. Please help. thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hi thaundying04.

Did the sound and video ever work right ?

Is the video card new ?
Is this a hand-built desktop PC ?

How did you install the SoundMAX Integrated Audio ?
Do you mean you installed the driver for it ?
Do you mean that you enabled the audio in the BIOS ?
Where did you get the driver for it ?

What make and model of PC do you have ?

What service pack are you running on XP ? If SP2, do you install all the updates ?

_

#3 thaundying04

thaundying04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

the video has works fine before there was no sound when i bought the pc off my buddy but i know it aint hand-built. yeah i installed the driver for soundmax i dont know how to enable the audio in bios, my computer is a compaq presario 5330 ca and i have windows service pack 2 and install the updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users