Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mmdiag.exe Error When Shutting Down Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kerry0621

kerry0621

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

When I am shutting down my computer I am getting an error message that says: MMDiag.exe DLL initialization failed. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get rid of it? I think I read that it is a Music Match Jukebox file, which I do have on my computer and I do use. But, what can I do about this error?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sagacity83

Sagacity83

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:02 AM

MusicMatch was purchased by Yahoo! about 3 years ago, So you are basically working with old software. What you should do is uninstall your MusicMatch player, reboot the PC, and install the latest edition of the Yahoo! Music Jukebox.
Gateway GM5076e, Pentium D CPU 3.20GHZ, 2.1GB of RAM, 465GB SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
256MB, Windows XP Media Center SP2, Mozilla Firefox, McAfee Security Center, AdAwareSE, F-Secure Blacklight, A-squared Free.

#3 phyll

phyll

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

Uggghhh...I hate these uninstalls and reinstalls. But do you have a URL for the "latest edition of the Yahoo! Music Jukebox"?

#4 Sagacity83

Sagacity83

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

Latest Yahoo Music JukeBox

Edited by Sagacity83, 24 September 2007 - 03:35 PM.

Gateway GM5076e, Pentium D CPU 3.20GHZ, 2.1GB of RAM, 465GB SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
256MB, Windows XP Media Center SP2, Mozilla Firefox, McAfee Security Center, AdAwareSE, F-Secure Blacklight, A-squared Free.

#5 phyll

phyll

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

OK, thank you, that was pretty quick. I just uninstalled the old Musicmatch (which wasn't 3 years old - this computer is only 1.5 years old, and it came with it). But before I go and install this new one, I'm wondering why I even need it at all. My control panel showed that I hadn't used it since this computer was a few weeks old. I use Windows Media Player 10 all the time, but I never did get the hang of the jukebox and it was pretty useless to me. So, do you have a good reason for me to install this new version? If not, I might as well not.

Thanks!

#6 Sagacity83

Sagacity83

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

phyllyou really don't need Yahoo music JukeBox. If you don't use MusicMatch just uninstall it and keep using Windows Media Player it will not affect your system in any way, MOF it will give you more Hard Drive space.

This was a fix for the topic starter kerry0621

#7 phyll

phyll

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

OK, thanks. LOL about the hard drive space. This computer has 1 TB. But why should I bloat it with stuff I don't use? Less is more! Thanks again. I love this BleepingComputer site. Too bad it took me this long to find it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users