Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teddyshooter

teddyshooter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

every time i go and play wow (no im not addicted) i play for like 3 hours my computer freezes... its not just wants it happened 3 times today. well idk whats going on my computer is not that bad i mean i have a 8600 gt graphics card and just other computer stuff im to lazy to type up. what should i do about this my friend said it might be the temp of it but i mean i have 5 case fans and the graphics card has a fan so idk. any suggestions on what i should do im getting pissed at this build.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teddyshooter

teddyshooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

well i was just surfing the web and boom it randomly froze again idk whats going on please help

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:57 AM

You can have five fans and still not have good ventilation, they need to be working together to pull from one end of the case and exhaust at the other.

How old is this computer?
When was the last time that you cleaned it out?
Did this problem start after any changes that you made to the computer?

One other thing to look into, go to your control panel, go to Administrative Tools, go to Event Viewer. If you look at the left side look for a red circle with a white X in the center, these are the errors. If you look at the top of the columns you will see they are titled, the column that you want is the Event, if you follow across from the red error to the Event column and right click on the number there a menu will open, click on properties and read the description. Check the ones closest to the top and let us know what the descriptions say.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ctsmeouwow

ctsmeouwow

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:52 AM

I had the same problem about six months ago...computer kept rebooting...turned out all it was..... the layer of dust on the outside part of the case that covered the fan. Computer was overheating. I also checked out the inside for dust just in case.

Carole

#5 teddyshooter

teddyshooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

ok thanks guys ill clean it out soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users