Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Removal Of Spy Sheriff From Windows Me Os

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cristalphoenix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

I have a Spy Sheriff infection on my computer. The OS is Windows ME & up until now I have done
the following:
Following instructions from a Smart Computing article I made a backp of the registry.
Following instructions from Smart Computing, I installed Grisoft AVG Anti-Virus software & ran it - the
software identifies, but it doesn't remove.
Following instructions from Smart Computing, I installedGrisoft AVG Anti-Spyware software & ran it
- the software doesn't work with OS systems b/4 Microsoft 2000, ao it'a no help to me.
Smart Computing referred me to Wikipedia Spysheriff for information & from them I got referred to
other areas.
Wikipedia suggested I use the Add or remove program - at the beginning of the article wikipedia had
mentioned that this program tehds to reinstall itself & the use of this program can result in a system
crash (the blue screen of death) - I tried it anyway & the system told me I had to close Spysheriff first.
My husband doesn't want me to touch spysheriff, therefore, he won't let me try to close it.
Wikipedia suggested I use your website - Uninstall Programs Database - SpySheriff Information #1318
(How to Remove an Installed Program from your Computer - forums - topic 42133) - needed to exit
Spy Sheriff & as I said before, my husband doesn't want me to close the program.
Smart Computing referred me to your site - forums - topic 22402 - the applicatiom from
SmitFraudFix.exe doesn't work on OSs b/4 Microsoft 2k
Smart Computing referred me to www.spywareremove.com/removeSpySheriff.html to install their
program - I did & it identifed all thE areas affected by Spy Sheriff & when I asked the program to remove
Spy Sheriff, I was told we had to purchase to have it removed (Are we changing one program for another?)

Well that's my laundry list, sorry for the length, but at my wit's end.
Does anyone know of a way or program that will remove Spy Sheriff on Microsoft ME.

Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

Cristal Phoenix

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,735 posts
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

Super Antispyware removes Smitfraud related malware.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:

Please let us know the results.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users