Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

When I start windows [xp home] it takes forever for it to settle down. Everything I click on is delayed for like 30 seconds. After a coulpe minutes it eventually setlles down. But when I use the all seeing eye to play quake...it starts goin nutts and delayin again. Quake runs fine...its just openning and closing ASE. Closing it causes my computer crawl like a snail. Startin to piss me off. I got: AD-Aware SE, Soy sweeper, spybot searche&destroy, spywareblaster, and Asquared. Also got blackice and mcaffee anti virus. WTF is this comps problem. Im sicka scannin so much. Ive posted a hjt log and had it reviewed. I fixed it...but comp just runs like bleep. Anyway...if anyone got any suggestions. -joe

Edited by jpbc9999, 08 February 2005 - 09:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gud4u

gud4u

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

I have no idea what 'all seeing eye' means.

Some lag can be reduced by reducing unnecessary services:
- Run MSCONFIG, uncheck any startup programs not necessary.
- Some other unnecessary processes that start automatically can be changed to 'manual' startup (visit Black Viper site).

If you're playing games while running real-time scanners (Av, Trojan, spyware), add the game folder to the exception list of the real-time scanner. Your real-time scanners may be seeing game scene-changes as potential virus activity.

If you play games off-line:
- Disconnect from internet
- Exit from AV and any other real-time protection programs.
- Be sure you disconnect from the 'net first.

Hope this helps!

Edited by gud4u, 08 February 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#3 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:29 AM

Im not sure why...but its running a little smother now. Id like to put my quake stuff in any exceptions list...but am clueles as to how. Not sure which prog and how. I'm lookin....but no luk. I think its better cause I changed my wallpaper to none. Seems loadin that thing was takina lot up. Im not sure if that was even it though. Ty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users