Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Dell Inspiron Laptop Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superman7018

superman7018

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

I'm having problems with my laptops keyboard (Dell Inspiron). Every time I type press a key like "g" I get "5g" or when I type "h" I get "6h" instead. Pretty much most of the keys are jumbled up and giving me problems.

I used Norton, and it was useless. I then used Kaspersky and it says I have adware.win32.virtumonde.hb. I used VundoFix and it says I have nothing on my laptop. I ran Adware and Spybot Searc6h & Destroy.

The problem started when I was playing a game. The game was full screen and then I minimized it. Shortly after I realized I was having problems with the keyboard when I typed.

I downloaded a keyboard testing program and it diagnosed it as a hardware problem.

Does anyone have any advice on cleaning and fixing laptop keyboards.

I could really use some help. I can't keep typing with my keyboard messed up like this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

From my understanding there is not much to fix on a keyboard. you best option would be to buy a new keyboard or go to eBay or Amazon and find good surplus keyboard. Ebay notebook keyboards
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users