Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sumesh md

sumesh md

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

hi

i have 2 lans in 2 locations.how can i connect this using VPN.both LAN having adsl internet connection.
please help me to find a solution

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

Explain your hardware a bit better here....

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 sumesh md

sumesh md
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

one side, hp proliant server with win2003server with 25 nodes..1 dlink swich
other side hp pavilion desktop with win2003 server and 5 nodes.both having dsl internet connection.

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

Well you will need to do this at the router level. This will depend on the router you have. I am not sure if a VPN is the right way you would want to go on this. I gather (maybe wrongly) from your setup you are wanting to join 2 networks together. This so that each site can talk to each other share data and such. This will need to be done by setting up domain trust relationships in AD and router configuration so that comuniations from the other side will be able to talk to each other.
This sort of WAN connectivity is a very indepth subject and will need direct consultation as it is not something that can be advised on in a step by step manor as every config is different in there own way.
If you mainly want to setup a VPN then you will need to use a RAS server or something like that to have the connectivity security. I would say RSA is a good way to go.
I am not sure if this helps but it may help you decide on your best actions. If you need anymore info I will try and help.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#5 sumesh md

sumesh md
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:44 AM

hi

ya..i need to join 2 lans..but shud be in the cheapest way..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users