Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 microsoft_bites

microsoft_bites

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

Last week, I took out my floppy drive since it was dead. No biggie, swapped them out before. When I booted back up, I got the bios screen complaining because my floppy was not there. So then I tried to bypass that, hit F1 like it said, and nothing...got an error saying NO OS FOUND...I'm running XP (microsoft is evil). PC is a little old, but still works great, and all my work stuff is on there, since I work at home. Well, I tried swappign out another hard drive, but now get nothing on my monitor, not even a blue screen, no errors, nothing. When it boots I hear beeps, and then nothing. When I unplug the monitor from the back of the pc the light on the monitor stays green, but if I have it plugged into the monitor, it's a little orangey light, as if not getting power. So does this mean the video card needs to be replaced? I can deal with losing everything on my hard drive, I'd rather not have lost everything, but I can deal. But I need that pc up and running until I can get another one. Thanks! (i know this was disjointed and rambling, I'm sorry. If y'all can understand it, then y'all deserve an award!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

I would like to list a few possibilities of your problem.

It is most likely the hard drive is your problem. Do you have another computer that you can switch it out with? It is possible that the cable is the culprit, but very unlikely. Do you have another cable that you can try out?

If you are running an AGP or PCI video card, then try removing it to see if your computer will boot. In the case that you are using an embedded or integrated video card (it is located on your motherboard), then you may have to look for something else because it can not be removed. Without using expensive tools and equipment, the best thing you can look for is if there are any burned or scorch marks. It may not be a bad idea to look all over the motherboard for such markings.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users