Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Keep Closing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

after weeks of navigating with Puppy 2.14, I found seamonkey browser fast and well-worth spending much time with until one time, i came across with an application that required me to download JRE.I downloaded the java runtime environment and followed the instructions that connect java to the browser i was using that time, which was seamonkey.after sometime of finishing the instructions, which was done by issuing the commands in the rvxt terminal, I found seamonkey was already unable to do what it used to do before. It seemed it got corrupt.With my desire to use Puppy everytime I get online, I got mozilla firefox installed to replace seamonkey.At first mozilla was doing well, but after sometime, i observed it started to act the same way as seamonkey did.Both browsers open but close in the middle of surfing.There was no other way to go back to my work but to open all sites i was viewing before the browser closed.Any suggestion is welcome.tnx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sharpe95

sharpe95

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

I had a similar problem with Firefox, but it wasn't because I installed JRE. I found that the closing of browsers stopped when I switched back to my original Firefox theme. You might want to try deleting some add-ons as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users