Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Gone After Virus Scan With Avgfree

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tOpAx

tOpAx

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:52 PM

I used a laptop with broadband connection... I used a virus scan using AVGfree (is it ok to use it?) and scan around 300 infected files and directly heal it... after that I cannot well the internet and modem shows there is connection I tried a couple of times trying to reset it but noting happens.. on the other hand the desktop(pc) was doing fine in internet connectivity...

What could be the appropriate solution for this?

Thank you lot, I ow you a lot people with this..

-tOpAx™-

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 16 September 2007 - 12:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

Hi tOpAx and Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

WinSock XP Fix can cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or modifications of the Winsock settings.
Sometimes your Internet connectivity will get corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:19 AM

Thanks a lot Tmack... I will try it ASAP..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users