Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clipboard Problem!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:44 PM

My clipboard won't hold the info for very long. It will copy ok then paste once or twice then I have to copy again.
Is there a repair for the clipboard available or some settings somewhere?

Thanks!

Forgot to say I have Win XP home SP2.

Edited by wildchild2, 15 September 2007 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

Basically, if it holds it once, it holds it forever. BUT, there may be other programs that use this function - when it's missing, try using MSPaint to paste into to see if that gives you a clue. Also, the clipboard is very sensitive to how you do things - so if you change how you're cutting/pasting (even by accident) it'll make you recopy.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I use Cntl+C to copy and Cntl+V to paste. It will only paste once (or twice if I'm lucky) then I have to recopy. Is a pain when pasting multiple times.
I did notice that if I am pasting continuously it works but if there's a pause it seems to drop the info. Any clues?
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:32 AM

I've seen this on my systems and have narrowed it to the things that I mentioned previously. Here's a link to more info about the clipboard than you'd ever want to know (it's way beyond my abilities): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648709.aspx
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

Thanks John,
I see what you mean, it's all double dutch to me.
I'll just keep on recopying I think.

Thanks for the help.
Posted Image

#6 DiggerP

DiggerP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi,
Just a few words about Clipboard.
It works but for muliple copy it's somewhat useless.

Try a few of the clipboard utilities likeClipboard Magic
http://www.cybermatrix.com/clipboard_magic.html
or from here Freeware Clipboard Utilities

BTW,in a lot of cases you can copy&paste just by highlighting the picture or text
and drag it to an open application,like Word,Paint,email etc or other editor.

Pete.

Edited by DiggerP, 16 September 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

To comment on the SnapFiles list, I have been using Yankee Clipper III for about a year now. 200 items held in its memory which I find plenty.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users