Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Is Possesed...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whitney1j

whitney1j

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:43 PM

my computer runs very slow, sometimes it just decides it has been on too long and just shuts down.i've done the defraging, and the spy ware things, but people say the best thing for me is a another memory chip. but i'm a bit computer duhh... how do i find out what kind of computer memory stick i need to get?
or do i really need one? anything would help......thanks

:thumbsup: sorry, that is just tooo cute...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

Read here?
And in order for people to help you here, you need to tell us about your system.

#3 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I will sugest you to download Aida32 to check your specs, this will give you all the parts in your computer and the type of RAM your MoBo uses and supports, to see what parts to get.

Maybe you can post the result here and we can help you figure it out...

Hope it helps...

:thumbsup:

Mav

#4 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

These are two sites for purchase of computer components and the addresses below will show how to choose memory,or you could also go to whatever brand you choose like Corsair home or Crucial and they will also have a page to figure what you need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductConfi...%2DConfigurator

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Special/Memory-Conf.jsp

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html Free program will tell you what you have on your computer.
Forever Ain't so long anymore

#5 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:20 PM

The memory will help with it being slow, but you may have an overheating problem for it to shut down. Has it ever been cleaned out inside? Dust collects and can cause your computer to overheat and shut down. What is the name and model of your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users